- Why Wax?
Waxing removes the hair from the follicle by the root. With regular waxing, hair becomes finer, softer, and will grow back slower and more sparse.
- Does Waxing Hurt?
The first time you wax will always be the most uncomfortable because you have the most hair! However, everyone has a different level of pain tolerance and with consistency each time gets easier. We do everything possible for the experience to be as quick and painless as possible.
- How Long Will The Wax Last?
Most people experience at least 1-2 weeks without hair before experiencing re-growth. It takes a few monthly services to achieve the best results. There are three different hair growth cycles and the best, longest lasting results occur after all three have been waxed.
- Will My Hair Grow Back Differently?
After waxing, your hair should grow back finer, softer and sparser. Waxing will not make your hair (on the face or body) grow back thicker or darker! That’s a myth!!
- How Can I Prepare for My Wax?
Please discuss the use of all topical skin care (Retin A, Renova, Differin, ProActiv, Glycolic/Salicylic/Lactic Acid, Benzoyl Peroxide) items with your waxer before your first wax. Many skin care ingredients increase the rate of cell turnover therefore creating a higher risk of lifting the skin, redness, and potential reaction.
All clients must be off of Accutane for a minimum of 1 year prior to any waxing services. Make sure to discuss any oral medications you are taking as well. Antibiotics, steroids, thyroid medication, chemotherapy treatments, etc. can all affect your waxing experience.
Exfoliate the area to be waxed every other day up to 48 hours prior to the service. Keeping the skin exfoliated and moisturized improves your waxing results. Be clean and free of heavy lotions on the day of your wax.
- How Long Should My Hair Be?
The longer the better! Hair must be 1/4-1/2 inch long (think grain of rice at a minimum) for the wax to grab. Do not shave for at least 2-3 weeks prior to your wax. Do not trim before your waxing appointment.
- Can I Still Get Waxed…. If I am Having My Period?
Absolutely! Please make sure to have a new/clean tampon inserted during your service. Please understand some people experience a higher level of discomfort due to hormones (especially a few days before beginning your period) during services. If you are concerned about the discomfort, please feel free to reschedule 24 hours in advance.
- Can I Still Get Waxed…If I Am Pregnant?
Yes! If you already wax and have recently found out you are pregnant, there is no reason to change. However, if you are new to waxing, it is best to start before you are 4 months along. Starting further along in your pregnancy will uncomfortable and difficult. Start early so you can wax throughout the pregnancy. If you have never waxed before and are considering waxing during your pregnancy, please discuss the risks with your doctor.
- COVID-19 Guidelines
We are excited to be back taking appointments- although it is limited capacity for the time being. Please note the new guidelines for clients when you come to visit us.
- Wait in your car. Text us at 425-281-7339 when you arrived and we will let you know when we are cleaned and disinfected and ready for you to come up. Please bring as little items with you as possible.
- Come alone. No guests or children.
- Wash your hands. Stop by the restroom down the hall to wash your hands before entering. Code is 9854
- Wear your mask. We’ll wear one too.
- Sign the COVID waiver and have your temperature taken.
- Contactless payments will be used. We will run your card on file or you may use Tap To Pay or Apple Pay for no touch payments.
We can’t wait to see you!